Has the HVAC unit in your Apopka, FL home been giving you trouble? Read on to learn more about the factors that may indicate it’s time to replace your system.
Red Flags that Your HVAC System May Need to Be Replaced
In recent years, air conditioning technology has made HVAC systems much more efficient than in days gone by. Your system may need to be replaced if it:
- Is 10 years old or older, which requires outdated refrigerant
- Has a significant, costly breakdown
- Uses much more electricity than low-end new systems use (See SEER rating)
- Doesn’t cool you off like it used to and despite proper ductwork maintenance and adequate home insulation
You’ll want to consider the many long-term benefits of replacing your system. For example, Energy Star certification is important to consider.
What HVAC System Replacement Installations are the Cheapest?
Ductless HVAC systems are the cheapest type to install, though not by much. Installing a central air conditioner costs just a few hundred dollars more.
Air heat pumps are the most prevalent in the south. Despite the name, they can cool homes as well as warm them up.
Installing an air heat pump costs about $1,500 more than a central air conditioner installation. You would drop about four times the dough, however, to have a geothermal heat pump installed.
How Can You Save Money While Getting a New HVAC System?
You can save thousands of dollars if you:
- Check for state and local utility company rebate offers or incentives
- Check for rebate offers from HVAC manufacturers
- Compare HVAC company price quotes
- Get the contractor’s load calculation (to assure his system would be right-sized)
There comes a time when it just makes sense to replace your HVAC system. When you decide that time has come, contact Complete Air Solutions.
Image provided by iStock